Thursday, March 28, 2013

And the lightening up of the color palette begins...

 
I love dark colors.

I love deep, rich, wrap-yourself-up-with-a-blanket-in-front-of-the-fire colors.

I love dark woods and heavy textures and over sized everything.

At least I did.

It's allllllll driving me crazy right now.

I want to literally gut my house and start over.

Maybe it's spring fever???

Or maybe it's the change in the color cycle....its always changing, always shifting... always messing up my decor!

I have decided to make a few light changes around the house.  But, to lighten up my entire house right now would take a chisel and a decade of years and wayyyyyyy more time and energy and money than this girl has.

So, I have started with small changes.

I added some light pillows to the sofas and our bed this winter.



I just got rid of this huge, oversized coffee table in the midde of my family room.




I am in the middle of changing my firplace color AGAIN for the 4th time in 9 years.  Out with the dark metallic bronze and in with this creamy glaze.




I am selling my heavy red curtains.



I just switched out my dark, heavy bed comforter for a lighter, softer one with a touch of last year's color of the year (coral) in it. 

 


At this rate....I will have my house lightened up at about the time that dark, deep, rich colors come back in! HA! 

Perhaps it's a conspiracy from the decorating world???   Just when I got my house all decorated.....it's time to redo it.

So, are you lightening up yet???????????

************************

(PS.....thank you all for your kind words regarding my last post on our adoption process.  We are doing well and appreciate your prayers!!!)

(PSS....thank you so much to the blog follower who encouraged me to enter the Leading Moms in Business Competition. You can vote for the Magic Brush daily by clicking here!  With the winnings, I can work on lightening up more of my house. ha!)




6 comments:

Traci Creel said...

I have been having the same need to lighten up my house. So it was out with the dark curtains and in with gold and cream. The next to go is the black floral comforter in my bedroom. Now all I have to do is find a new one that I like.
Love your new bedding.
Traci

Angela Davis-Sanders said...

Yes! I am a preschool teacher and no time nor energy to start this through the school year. Day one of summer I will begin with my family room and then my master bathroom. Looking for colors...

Sylvia said...

It is a conspiracy. Same with fashion. Need to feed the consumerism and keep people buying. I don't see how people, even DIYers keep up with it all. It seems that all some bloggers do is change, change, change. Most of them do not work outside the home and have the funds to do it. Wears me out just thinking about it.

Iprefervintage said...

Yes, I have been itching to paint the living room, but then I look at all of the furniture that I must work around and the insane thought quickly vanishes.

Carolyn Kisler said...

YES, I am lightening up! Painted our dark burgundy walls an apple green and am adding turquoise and cream into each room!

Frugal Jen said...

It's a conspiracy I think the paint companies get together every few years and change it up. They make lots of money! Ha!

We moved in 2 years ago and we did lots of dark. I could kick myself for going darker then lighter. No way we can repaint 20 foot high ceilings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails