Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The furniture piece that fell from the sky




Check out the buffet we just painted and sold!!!  It was a totally fun piece to paint because of the piece's "story".

A few weeks ago, I was driving down a country road to a client's house and saw this on the side of the road:


It was laying in the snow.  So, I drove by reeeeeeeeeeeeal slow (you know the drive).  And decided if it was still there when I drove by again....I would check it out.

Well, 5-6 hours later it was still there! So one of the girls who works for me and I about killed ourselves loading this heavy thing.  It was in great shape and the glass wasn't even broken.  Almost like it fell from Heaven itself!!!!

We brought the piece home and began the process of giving it new life.




First, we stained the top and bottom a dark walnut stain.

Then we painted it an orangish red that I love.  It's a color from Faux Effect's called "Leather Red".

And then we stained over it with Dark Walnut Gel Stain.

And topcoated it. Viola!


Here is a picture in all of it's stages.





And now it's already at a new home.




Saved from the snow.



Saved from homelessness.






Isn't that fun?

Linking to Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday. Click here!



14 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE this!!! Free stuff is the BEST!! Great find.

Angela Ryder said...

This is unreal!! Fabulous makeover and the story is 'heavenly'! One of those 'once in a lifetimers'!!~~Angela

Lynn@FernAvenueBlog said...

This is an awesome find. It turned out really beautiful....love the color.

Sylvia said...

Great color and a great story, too.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

truely a gift from heaven!
I love the paint job you did on it.

blessings, Pat

Cindy * Daisies and Crazies said...

Yes, I know the drive. LOL Good job! xo

Iprefervintage said...

That's a terrific color of red. Good job.

Connie O said...

Oh I love this piece. Y'all did a wonderful job breathing new life into it. And now the story can be told over and over. Everytime the new owners friends and family stop by to swoon over such a prize. I know a bit dramatic. But girl you made history happen.!!!!! ; )

Traci Creel said...

It was just waiting for you to make it beautiful. And as usual you did a great job. Love that red.
Traci

Hetty said...

This was meant to be painted by you! Great piece - color is lovely!

modular office furniture said...

This post is so informative and makes a very nice image on the topic in my mind. It is the first time I visit your blog, but I was extremely impressed. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday! furniture Store

Gail Wilson said...

Jennifer! lucky you! That piece looks beautiful in her new outfit!

great job
gail

Alyssa Gaskill said...

I LOVE this.

Sweet Fairy said...

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing. Hotel Furniture

Related Posts with Thumbnails